Monday, December 04, 2006

My new favorite thing

I have found a thing that will bring a smile to my face, and warm my heart everytime. It is a sound, and I really need to record it. It is the sound of my very tired daughter saying "Goodnight, Daddy." Last night, I was at my computer, and my beautiful bride, and my daughter were watching TV on our bed. About an hour after her bedtime, she decides to go to her bed. Instead of going just right across the hall to her room. She walks down the hall, and down 2 flights of stairs, just to give me a hug and a kiss, and to say those now magic words. She then, in a sleepy stupor, stumbles back up the stairs and off to bed. I watch her go the entire way just smiling.

1 comment:

Larry Burkum said...

Very nice. I'll be smiling the rest of the day because of this post.