Monday, August 06, 2007

Birthday Festivities

I had a very nice Birthday, thanks for asking. I wasn't too crazy about turning 37. The Late 30's. I have no justifications for acting like I'm 24 anymore. The weekend was very relaxing and fun. Saturday was full of house work, so I wouldn't have to do any on my actual Birthday.

At 4pm, my 4 year old daughter and I headed to 1984. I found out my mad Video Game skills do not impress a 4 year old. She would watch for about 2 minutes before wondering off to an adjacent game. Thus taking some of my concentration away from the game. And while a couple of seconds can be taken on the Elevator level of Donkey Kong to regain the attention of a small child, you try to pull that crap on Wave 15 of Robotron, and you my friend have one less life than you did before. Granted the games are "free play" and it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but when you have become obsessed with getting your name on the High Score Board every time you go, it seriously affects your ability to do so. Finally, she agreed to help me play pinball, she put her fingers on the flipper buttons, and I would push her fingers to activate the buttons. She liked that alot, and launching the ball into the play field was also one of her tasks. We did manage to soundly destroy the High Score on Grand Lizard by 1,200,000 points. We got our button, our free pass for next time, and a sweet new sticker. (Currently affixed to my work monitor).

Sunday, my birthday, I was gently coaxed out of my slumber at 7am by a 45 pound toddler jumping on my belly, and yelling "Happy Birthday, Daddy!". After catching the wind that was knocked out of me, I was met with a lovely assortment of donuts, and chocolate milk. I opened my present of tons of chocolate from Russel Stovers. Later that afternoon, my parents came up from Country Music Hell, and bought us all Ice cream. My beautiful, wonderful bride made me a fantastic dinner, and allowed me to play World of Warcraft from 7pm until Midnight.

***GEEK ALERT **** GEEK ALERT ****
During that 5 hours, my guild and I downed High King Maulgar, his 4 buddies, Gruul the Dragonkiller, Finished up 3 bosses in Karazhan (Attumen the Huntsman, Maiden of Virtue, and Prince Malchezaar) The Prince was kind enough to give me a Birthday present... The Helm of the Fallen Hero, which I quickly cashed in for my first piece of T4 armor Demon Stalker Greathelm So I was a very Happy Dwarf!
*** END GEEK ALERT ****

So, it was a very good day. Lots of relaxing, lots of candy and sweets, lots of love from my family. Maybe 37 isn't all that bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy Birthday!
You are turning into Middle-aged man yourself!!!
Ozarkdrb