Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy and Sad.

I just finished watching the movie trailer for Speed Racer. I am happy and sad.

I have been looking forward to this for quite a while. Speed Racer was my childhood. I have always loved the Mach 5. But after over analyzing the trailer, I feel sick. At one point there is a 6 on the car. Which means one of 2 things. 1. They got it COMPLTETLY wrong (which I doubt). 2. The Mach 5 gets completely destroyed in the movie, prompting them to make a Mach 6.

Sigh.

It looks fantastic, and the sound of the jump jacks from the trailer brought back a flood of memories of watching the show. There is no doubt I will see it. Racer X's car looks great, Christina Ricci with short black hair - wowza!, and the overstylized look is wonderful.

But the car.... that amazing car is the reason I love the show so much ( I have a model of it in my office right now. Complete with jump jacks and Saw Blades)... I understand the movie is "Speed Racer" and not "Mach 5", but I bet if you ask anyone that watched the show, and loved it, the first thing they will talk about is the car, and not how much they like Speed. But that is just me, I guess.

---end Rant---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

breathe chad, breathe. Speed Racer was just a cartoon. Hollywood is make believe. It will be okay, I promise. :O)