Monday, April 14, 2008

It is done.

Here is the Castle finished, and occupied. It wasn't as bad I had thought it was going to be. I kept having this horrible thought that I had mis figured something, and it wouldn't all come together. The only thing I miss figured was the size of the boards that go on the steps... they were all 1 inch too short. Not that big of a deal. I was also surprised at how strong and stable it was. I had planned alot of extra support underneath, but once we got it all together, I was sitting on top of it, nailing the decking down, and it didn't move at all. I have a little bit of trim to put on the very bottom, but other than that it's done.
She loves it. The only snag we have run into now is, when I have to carry her to bed. I have to walk up 2 of the 4 stairs, and make her craw the rest of the way. Maybe I should build a trebuchet, then that could just toss her up there... hmmm...

No comments: