Thursday, September 07, 2006

The wonders of a 3-year old.

My daughter never ceases to amaze me. Just when I have settled into thinking I have everything under control, she throws a wonderful surprise my way. Most of these surprises are in the form of a question. They come out of left field, and ALWAYS catch me off guard.

A good one came when she was upstairs laying in bed trying to go to sleep. Suddenly, she comes downstairs, and asks "What do Robots eat?". My beautiful bride told her "Gas and oil, just like the car." This seemed to satisfy her, but it was the urgency in which she asked that made it great. As if there were a stray robot about to expire in her bedroom.

A biggie was "Who made the Sun?" Granted, this is a fairly easy question to answer, but the thing that leaves me bewildered is how did she get TO that question. What was she contemplating? Better yet, was she contemplating??

Getting her ready for a bath one day, and she asks me to take a bath with her. I accept her challenge. We are splashing each other and playing with squirt guns, when my wife checks in on us and asked me, "Why are you wearing your bathing suit?"

There are some questions that I just don't want to answer right now...

No comments: