Monday, February 19, 2007

Road Rage

I witnessed something the other day that kind of shocked me. I was driving home from work and came to a fairly major intersection of two highways. I noticed 2 cars parked just past the exit ramp on the other lane of traffic. Obviously, a minor accident had occurred. I couldn't see any damage to either car. While driving past this scene, I see both drivers get out of their cars, one is about mid-40's, the other, in his 20's, and walk toward each other. I watch as the 20 something appears to be apologizing, hand on his forehead, other hand out in front of him. The 40-year-old makes the international symbol for "Dude, WTF?". He then drops his arms and delivers a right hook to the younger guys face, dropping him to the ground, on his back. The kid is SHOCKED! And then tries to defend himself a bit. The best way you can when you are lying 5 feet from passing traffic, and 2 feet from a crazed man.

All of that happened in the span of 10 seconds I would guess. Traffic was trying to stop all around them, and I had no way to turn around for another mile. So, grab my phone and called 911. The operator picks up, and I describe what just happened, but for some reason I was connected with a different counties 911 dispatch, they connect me with the correct one. I relay my message, and am told that Police are on their way. Apparently, other people had called and reported in the time I took to transfer me. I asked if I should turn around, and give a statement to police, and dispatch said that they had my number and would pass it along to the authorities, and they would contact me if necessary.

No real point to this post, except that it's something I have never seen before. I have been in my fair share of fender benders, but NEVER once have I had the urge to fly out of my car and start wailing on the other driver. I mean, seriously?!? How wound up do you have to be to just snap like that. That's just crazy.

1 comment:

Kristopher said...

That is fucking awesome!!!!!