Monday, July 02, 2007

I LIKE what I like

I was recently told my taste in art is too "Kitschy". I wouldn't mind that, but it was the condescending tone that it was said in that bugged me. So what, if I like my Mass Media Andy Warhol art work, my Keith Haring non-controversial prints, my simple primary Mondrian paintings, and the wackyness of MirĂ³. I also think velvet elvis paintings are kinda cool, and giant tapestries of "Dogs Playing Poker" should be publicly displayed in the best of homes. I love movies about Baseball, even though I hardly follow baseball at all (I blame that on being raised a Royals fan. Ah, 1985.) I eat my sandwiches plain, and my hot dogs cold. While I like all the ingredients in a KFC Mashed Potato Bowl, but I will never order one, because I don't like my food all mixed together. I don't mind if they touch, but that bowl has too much intermingling going on.( I don't like my corn getting to 3rd base with my potatoes, if you know what I mean) I don't drink beer, but can tell you blindly the difference between A&W, Barq's and Dad's Root Beers. (IBC is highly overrated, and priced BTW.) I also like my soda a bit flat. It is not uncommon for me to open a bottle, drink a bit, and then put the lid on it and shake it vigorously a few times. I have left entire 2-liter bottles of Root Beer open all night, just to lose most of the carbonation. A hamburger should NEVER cost more than $4, maybe $5 with bacon and cheese ( I am looking at you, Red Robin!) I have learned the ways of charcoal, and regret not learning them sooner. Mayonayse is the devils condiment, followed closely by mustard. and nothing make me happier than a nice bag of Red Hots. But thats just me. If you dont like what I like that is fine, just don't try and tell me in a way that makes it sound like your half-dead Beatles are better than my Still Rockin' Rolling Stones! (ya, I said it. Suck it, Trebeck)

2 comments:

Kristopher said...

The Stones have nothing on the Beatles....NOTHING!!!

Jamie said...

Great post, have to laugh at the dogs playing poker, my husband loves them, too!