Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Bring it on

The weather forcast for tonight and tomorrow is for Ice and Snow. Some "weatherman" on the radio reported up to 6-12 inches possible. I have two words about this...

HELZ, YEAH!

I love Snow. I grew up in KC, and it just seemed to snow alot more than it does here. Frequency and Accumulation. I know I am 3 hours farther south, but would that make THAT much difference? I can't wait to take my daughter sledding, and build her first REAL snow man. We built one last winter, but it was the 3 foot tall Grass covered kind. I want her to see a 6 footer like my dad would build for us in KC.

When I was a kid, we lived on a U-shaped street. The connecting point of the 2 streets was at the bottom of each street. One street was about two times longer than the other, so its slope wasnt very good for sledding. But the other... Oh man.. nice, steep and straight. Plus, the snow plow would push all the snow from both streets to a paved part of the bottom of the hills where no houses were. All the kids in the neighborhood could sled down the steep hill, and then crash in to the GIANT pile of snow at the bottom. We would dig tunnels and ramps into the pile and try to go through it or jump over the pile. And sometimes, the dad that lived at the bottom of the hill, in the house closest to the pile, would listen to see if school was cancelled, and if it were he would take a giant wrench, and open the fire hydrant at the TOP of the steep hill, at about 6 am. The street would flood, and then ice. It was Sledding Heaven. The people that lived on that street didn't seem to mind going around the other way. Everyone ( kids and parents) would sled until dark. Races, Dog piles on many sleds, all sorts of fun... No wonder I love snow.

I am off to find a giant wrench...

No comments: