Thursday, November 09, 2006

I am a fair presenter.

Last night finished up this semester of my teaching at the local technical college. Granted, I only taught 2 classes, but the second class was much better than the first. I had 5 people in the Dreamweaver Level 1 class, and 4 people in the Flash Level 1 class. The thing that bugged me the most about the first class, were the "Student Feedback" sheets. The students rate the class, instructor, and expirience on a "Exceptional, Good, Fair, Poor" scale. I received a few fair marks under presentation for the Dreamweaver class, and took it kind of rough. I chalked that up to first class nervousness, and the fact that I "use" Dreamweaver, I don't "KNOW" Dreamweaver. The Flash class went much better, I answered a ton of questions, and fixed alot of problems people were having.

There was one student that attended both of my classes. He was one that gave me "fair" marks in the Dreamweaver class, and stated that the class did not meet expectations. After collecting the feedback sheets last night, I noticed that he had marked "fair" again under instructors Presentation skills, Preparation of Materials, and that the class did not meet expectations. Everyone else in the class marked "Exceptional", and wrote comments on how helpful the examples were and that I did well.

// Begin Rant

I don't know what the hell this guy expects from a 6-hour Introduction Course in the Continuing Education program of a Local Community Technical College on a program as powerful and diverse as FLASH!

I have been to Week long classes, taught by Macromedia, on Flash AND actionscripting, and still don't consider myself "well versed" in all it can do. If he thinks taking all 3 levels of Flash (18 hours total) will make him a Flash Animator, developer, programmer. He is sorely mistaken.


This is the same guy that "watched" the Cardinals game on ESPN.com during the Dreamweaver class, and Managed his Fantasy football team during the Flash class.

// End Rant

That last comment was a cheap shot, I should really play "fair".

No comments: