Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pet Peeves

I am a pretty easy going person. However, there are things that just drive me crazy. They are mindless, stupid things that other people might not notice or mind.

The biggest one lately, is the person driving the speed limit in the left lane, with no one around them for 500 ft in either direction. I drive faster than I should, usually Speed Limit + 10, on the highway. So, when I see one of these people coming up I just shake my head, and pass them on the right, along with the 2 cars in front of me and the 5 cars behind me. After all of us have passed, they still don't move over. Back before I had my daughter, and if my beautiful bride wasn't in the car, I would just sit about 10 feet off these people's bumper until they got the hint. Morons. Also in the topic of driving is the person that drives Speed Limit +15. While I have no problem with them driving this fast, it is when they fly up next to me and want to cut in front of me to get to their exit, that is less than 300 feet away. It's not that I would mind them cutting in, but lately they do it when there is no one behind me for a quarter mile. Apparently, that extra car length will get them home 3 seconds earlier.

I have two at work that just make me bonkers as well. Every morning when I get to work there is a VW Passat parked in the one of the front row spots. This is all well and good, but this person is completely oblivious to the size of their vehicle. I say this, because on any given day, they are 6 inches outside of the parking spot, away from the other parking spots. Imagine a line of parking spots, the left most spot is the first one, with the rest spreading to the right. To the left of the parking spots is the "driving" area for getting to the spots. This is where the 6 inches of their car sits. And not only is it too far to the left, but too far forward, into the "facing" parking spot. I should start taking pictures of it everyday and post them... Or measure how far out they are and plot it over time. They get to work early enough to get the same spot every day as well, maybe they just have no other cars to reference while they park. If I noticed I were outside the lines of the spot when I got out of my car, I would a) move it, b) make note to be more careful tomorrow. Nope, not this person. I think they know I judge their parking skills everyday, and are doing it out of spite now. Because it is all about ME!

The other one at work, is just people being lazy. We have Handicap Assisted Doors on our building. Which means, you push this button, and the doors open up for you. Not just one, but a set of double doors. After that is another set of double doors, operated by another button that will open them. I don't know why, but the people that use the button to open the doors ( except for people with a need for them, or people that are carrying sooo much stuff, that just bumping the button is easier... I let them slide, a bit) drive me crazy! I mean are you so lazy that pulling/pushing a door open is that strenuous on your body, that you have actually take more time to get through the doors, than if you just opened it manually? The doors take a couple of seconds to open when you push the button. They will actually just stand there while the doors opens, and WAIT, until their weak, lazy bodies will fit through the opening. I have noticed that it is a certain group of people that do this... they are the same people that take the elevator from the 3rd floor to the 2nd floor, instead of walking DOWN the stairs. That is just exhausting.

I am sure there are things that I do that drive people crazy. Like using 3 periods to end a thought, or the fact I dip my french fries in my choclate shakes, or put my foot in my mouth over and over...

No comments: