Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend Rollercoaster

Wow! What a crazy weekend.
Friday- My beautiful bride and I dropped our daughter off at Grandma's, as we had plans for a romantic evening of Mexican food, and Bloody, Stylistic Spartan Warfare. We finished our wonderful meal, and headed to the the theater. We arrived to the largest crowd I have ever seen at this particular complex. People were literally lined AROUND the building, to get in... all showings of our movie were sold out. We then head across town to the theater that (we feel) is twice as big, but half as good. The situation there is even worse. You can't even get into the parking lot. We finally manage to get close to the box office and EVERY showing is sold out. 7:30, 8:50, 10:00, 11:30. I honestly haven't seen that many people at that theater since I saw Brad Pitt do a Screening of "Meet Joe Black" there. With our Spartan dreams dashed we head home, pick up our daughter, and are met with a nice consolation prize at home, in the form of "The Prestige" via NetFlix. It was very good, with alot of twists and surprises. And for the record, any movie that has a David Bowie cameo, is a good thing.

Saturday - I can barely remember anything I did Saturday. Besides walking the mall with my very pregnant beautiful wife. And getting a phone call from my college roommate, saying that he and some friends are going to enjoy some Spartan Warfare on Sunday. After that, they were going to the movies and wanted to know if I would be interested. My bride and I talked with our neighbors for a bit, and their oldest daughter said she would babysit for us while we went to watch Greece battle Persia.

Sunday - Cleaned the house, bought some snacks, and watched 117 minutes of PURE AWESOME! I had read some reviews, and the only complaints I had seen were about plot, and story shallowness. Um... Mr. SnootyMovieReviewer... if you are going to this movie for the plot, or storyline... KILL YOURSELF! The way Frank Miller turns a violent bloody battle scene into a beautiful crafted visual buffet is amazing. I read another review, where it was stated that the movie is called "300" because that's how many stars it should get, but instead, the reviewer can only use 4. The theater was crowded, but not too bad. The sound was turned up just a bit too loud, which just made watching this movie only better. It is definitely one of those films you have to see on the "Big Screen". I hear it is playing that the IMAX, I may have to check that out. I left the movie, thinking I need to do more crunches though.

Monday - 1:50 am... I wake to the sound of my beautiful bride moaning in pain. 5 minutes later, it happens again. Then another 5 minutes pass, and more pain. After about 6 of those, and the pain getting worse, I make the Patriarchal decision to drive 85 miles an hour. I get my bride in the emergency room entrance, grab my very excited 3-year old and head to the maternity check in. AND....... 2 hours later they send us home. False alarm. I put Dr. Braxton Hicks' ass on my list of things to kick, and head home. Sleep for one hour, and then add my alarm clock's ass to the list. So if you see me today, never mind the thing dragging behind me... its my ass.

EDIT: Add also to that list, the couple that brought their 7 and 8 year old kids to see the movie, and Bob and Sally Moron with their 1 year old.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You always make me laugh, please keep up the good work! Good luck with the upcoming family addition. Jamie