Monday, June 18, 2007

The little things

I had a very good Father's Day, thanks for asking. My day began with big hugs and kisses from my beautiful bride, and my 4 year old. My 3-month old (ya, 3 month old! jeesh) tried to give me kisses, but more just drooled on my cheek, which still counts. We got up, and got ready for church. My beautiful bride tells me that she will drive today... but instead of driving to church, she surprises the girls and I by taking us to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Mmmmm.... ham and biscuits. Very yummy. My 4-year old hands me my father's day card. The card was very cute, and obviously picked out by her, as it was a purple "My Little Pony" card, with stickers for her inside. The stickers all said "I love Daddy", and "Daddy's little girl" on them, but as long as she was going to get them is what mattered to her. I think I could by a box of Avery Labels, and she would go nuts because "Stickers I can COLOR?!?". The girl loves her stickers. Anyway, the card was cute, and signed from all my girls, but that wasn't the real gift. The thing I enjoyed the most was the envelope the card came in. Plain and white with "D A D" written in little girl letters. I looked at that all day long, and just smiled. I really do love being a D A D.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Awesome, just awesome! How wonderful that you can appreciate all the beauty that comes with being a parent....