Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Cookie Dough Caper

Ok, so maybe its not a caper, but it sounded good. Looking through the mail the other day, and I found some coupons for Papa Murphy's pizza. A new one had just opened up near my house. I was reading through the flyer, and noticed that the coupons all said "Limit 3". The $5 Pepperoni Pizza coupon peeked my interest, and I thought about getting 3, and freezing a couple... but then the last coupon caught my eye. "Free Cookie Dough". This coupon was good for 1 tub (a pound) of chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Score! But then I look at the fine print, and it also says "Limit 3". WHAT?!? Could it work? Were they crazy? Is it a typo? I decided to call their bluff.
I head up to the shop, and show my $5 coupon, and the lady talks me into getting the "Family" size for just a dollar more. Well, this eliminated the "not valid with any other offers" portion of the Cookie coupon, and I pressed on. I showed her the coupon, and she told me to grab a tub out of the display case. I pointed out the "Limit 3". She froze.

"I am going to have to talk to my Manager about this." she says.

She walks to the back room, and after about 10 seconds I hear:

"WHAT!?! Awwww....DAMN!"

He comes out of the back room shaking his head. Saying that "Normally" he wouldn't honor it. But since it says what it says, and I was the first one to "try" it. He told me to take 3. I told him, I didn't have to take them, but he insisted.

"No, no... Take 3, and because of you, I have to go make a sign for the door."

I felt kinda bad for taking 3 pounds of Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Especially since I resolved to get back down to my Bungee jumping weight ( a whole other story ). But my beautiful bride is pregnant, and she would appreciate the instant fix it brings.

So, thank you Mr. Papa Murphy's Pizza Manager guy. For sticking to your "printed" word, and not reading farther in the fine print to the "Participation may vary" part. You have a new customer, who will spend enough to make up for the printing mistake.

No comments: