Thursday, January 11, 2007

Teaching Troubles

I teach some classes at a local Technical College. The college has students signing up for the continuing education classes all the time. This creates as very weird situation for the instructors (and the students, sometimes) The classes need only 2 students to "Make" a class. If a class does not "Make" it is canceled. The student is refunded their money ( I guess ) and they have to reschedule for a later class. The cutoff for any given class is 48 hours. I have a class scheduled for Saturday. But I just found out today (Thursday) that it has enough students. Five to be exact. I just wish they would have called me when it "Made". Like if two students signed up a month ago, call me then and let me know its a go. As it sits now, I cannot make plans for this weekend until I get the call on Thursday? Just seems like there has to be a better plan. I won't even go into the fact that I just found out they are using a different book than last semester... guess my next to evenings are booked as well... Thanks guys, you just "Made" me cancel bowling with my daughter.

No comments: