Monday, April 30, 2007

Perspective views

Putting things into perspective can really change the way I think about stuff. I currently weigh 292 pounds. I would like to weigh under 250. That is 42 pounds... OK.. fine... that's just a number. Now to put that number in perspective... my 4-year old weighs 42 pounds. The fact that I will lose the equivalent of a small child from my body, blows my mind. I was thinking about this the other night when I had to carry her from her car seat to her bed, as she was passed out from losing the sugar buzz Grandma gave her. Carry her... through the garage, up 2 flights of stairs, and down the hall, and then gently lay her down with out waking her up. Something in my head said... "Hey! You feel this! This is how much candy, soda, and rice krispy treats you are packing away." So, I guess I am going to try and give up my beloved snacks, and get outside a little more, and see if I can lose my toddler of a belly.

No comments: